iPhone Dev Team’s key member, MuscleNerd has updated his blog with a quick info about the upcoming jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1. He has given full credit to all those developers behind the whole work. Other than that he has given a PayPal link for people who want to donate to these developers.
This is what MuscleNerd has updated:
- All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
- @pod2g’s 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
- the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
- @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
- The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
- Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI “cinject” binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
- timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
- For those wishing to donate, we’ve set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: paypal
- Please don’t pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
Following the fashion, jailbreak for public is free for everyone. But if you can then you must donate to these developer who have put a lot of effort to achieve this goal. You can use the following link to donate the team behind 5.1.1 jailbreak.
We will keep you updated as soon as they release Absinthe 2.0 RC1 for download.Stay tuned to VeryRite.com. Make sure you follow us.