Unlocking iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S has become much easier due to a new method known as SAM package unlock. It has been released to the public and available for use. SAM can unlock your iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0 / 5.0.1 / 5.1 with any baseband.
We have tested it on our devices and it appears to be running fine. iPhone Dev Team’s key member MuscleNerd has also confirmed that SAM is working properly.
This method is discovered by Loktar_Sun by exploiting a logical bug in Apple’s server. You need to have a jailbroken device in order for this method to work because it involves package installation through Cydia.
How To Unlock iPhone 4 / 4S On Any Firmware With Any Baseband:
STEP 1: You need to have a jailbroken iOS device. If you are already enjoying a jailbroken device then just skip to the STEP 2. If you don’t have a jailbroken device, you can easily jailbreak it by following the guides below:
- How To Jailbreak iPhone 4S / iPad 2 With GreenPois0n Absinthe
- Untethered iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak For iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch / Apple TV 2G
STEP 2: First of all you need to add a repository in Cydia.
- Open Cydia.
- Goto “Manage” at the bottom.
- Tap on the “Sources”
- Tap on “Edit”
- Tap on “Add”
- Type the address of the repository “http://repo.bingner.com” and tap on the “Add Source” button.
- Once its done installing, press the “Return to Cydia” button.
STEP 3: You need to install SAM package now. From the sources list, tap the newly installed Bingner repo.
- Tap on SAM.
- Tap on Install button on top right corner.
- Tap on “Confirm” to continue.
- Tap on “Restart Springboard” when it completes SAM installation.
STEP 4: Now put some other carrier sim you need to be unlock your device for. On your Springboard, tap on SAMPrefs for some configurations.
- Goto Utilities.
- Click on “De-active iPhone”.
- It will show you the deactivated message screen.
- Click on SAM button on top left corner to go back and tap on “More Information”.
- Your ActivationState is now “Unactivated”
- Tap on “Method” and set it to “By Country and Carrier”
- Tap on “Country” and select your country.
- Tap on Carrier and select your new sim carrier.
- Tap on SIM ID and select the number.
- Tap on “More Information” and copy the IMSI number.
- Tap Real SIM to SAM and it will show you a message that its being spoofed now.
- Navigate back to the main screen of SAM and paste the IMSI number you copied earlier.
- Connect your device with your computer. Open iTunes and let it to be reactivated.
- Now unplug your iOS device from the Computer and iTunes.
- Open SAMPrefs on your Springboard again. Disable it by tapping on Enabled switch.
- Connect your device with your computer and iTunes again. If you see a message that your iPhone is failed to activate then don’t panic. Close iTunes and reopen it again.
- Wait only a little and you will see signal bars appearing. Enjoy.
Many thanks to Loktar_Sun from VeryRite team and from our visitors who would definitely love this.
Update: Its recommended to save iPhone unlock activation tickets after performing the above steps. So follow a small guide: