Earlier we told you that iPhone Dev Team has updated Redsn0w 0.9.9b9 for iPhone iPad and iPod touch jailbreak on iOS 5.0.1. Before that we were jailbreaking iOS 5.0.1 with Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 by pointing it to iOS 5.0 instead of iOS 5.0.1. Now the native support for iOS 5.0.1 is added in the updated version. Follow the how to guide.
- If you have already jailbroken iOS 5.0.1 firmware then you do not need to follow this guide.
- The below guide is only for those who are already using iOS 5.0.1 and want to jailbreak it and for those who will upgrade from iOS 5.0 to iOS 5.0.1 and then jailbreak it.
- Those who are on any firmware below iOS 5.0 like if someone is on iOS 4.3.3 and want to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 to jailbreak it and also care for carrier unlock, you MUST not use the below guide directly. Instead first you need to preserve your baseband before upgrading the firmware. You can find the guide to preserve baseband from this link -> Preserve baseband before upgrading to iOS 5.0.1. After your preserve your baseband you can follow the below guide.
How To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone iPad & iPod touch
STEP 1: Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b9 and launch the application. We are assuming you are already upgraded to iOS 5.0.1. Click on the “Jailbreak” button.
STEP 2: Put OFF your idevice and connect it with your computer. Make sure its OFF and connected to your computer and then press the NEXT button.
- Redsn0w will now assist your to enter your device in DFU mode.
- Hold down both the HOME button and POWER button for almost 10 seconds on your iOS device.
- Let go the POWER button and keep holding the HOME button until your device is detected in the DFU mode.
STEP 4: Redsn0w will now start the jailbreaking process. It will perform few things by itself. After that it will show you another screen. Make sure Install Cydia is checked on it and click next.
STEP 5: Once its done, it will show you the following screen with a message to boot your device tethered.
STEP 6: Now you need to re-launch Redsn0w and instead of clicking on “Jailbreak”, you have to click on “Extras”.
STEP 7: Click on “Just Boot” and then on the next windows you have to put your device again in DFU mode. After that your device will be fully functional.
Congratulations! You have successfully jailbroken iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 is still under development by Pod2g. You can enjoy Semi-tethered by then.
THATS IT! Your iOS 5 devices is now semi tethered jailbroken. Enjoy and share this post with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. If you have any questions you can join our Facebook Page or follow us on Twitter.