Reportedly, a strange bug is allowing users to unlock GSM iPhone 4S on iOS 5 without jailbreaking it first. Unlocking is a process of process of breaking the restrictions put by your current carrier and using your device with a network carrier of your own choice.
A famous hacker Chronic has retweeted a link by Xoicos who has published a little guide how to unlock iPhone 4S without jailbreak. We have not tested it ourselves but its circulating around the Internet. Follow the guide to perform iPhone 4S unlock.
Unlock iPhone 4S (GSM) From AT&T To T-Mobile
- Insert original carrier AT&T SIM card
- Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call
- Turn on Airplane Mode
- Take out AT&T SIM card
- Insert T-Mobile SIM card
- Make sure WiFi is off ( also tap on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later)
- Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.
- Activation Required will be displayed on the screen
- EDGE network will activate automatically – notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen
- Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone
- Turn on iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed
- When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection
- Eject SIM card
- Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time
- Insert SIM card
You also need to try to repeat the process a couple of time if it does not work for you the very first time. We have not received any confirmation whether it can be used on networks other than T-Mobile after unlocking. You can also see the video in which this process is performed:
Stay tuned to VR. We cover all jailbreak and unlock news. Proof is our homepage VeryRite.com. Make sure you follow us.