You need to install iOS 5 public version on your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS and also want to preserve your baseband from updating ?? Of course preserving baseband is important for you if you want to unlock your device with Ultrasn0w. Following is the tutorial to install iOS on your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS while you prevent your baseband from updating.
Sn0wbreeze and PwnageTool helps you to complete this task. PwnageTool is now merged into Redsn0w jailbreak tool which simply means Redsn0w now has the ability to create custom firmware to preserve your baseband from updating. Follow the guide below.
How To Upgrade to iOS 5 while Preserving Baseband
- Download iOS 5 for iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS. (If you are already on iOS 5, you do not need to re-download it of course)
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 and extract the ZIP file.
- Create a folder on desktop and copy both the above downloads to it.
- Open the folder you created on desktop and open launch the Redsn0w application.
- It will open the following screen. Now you need to press the EXTRAS button.
- It will open the following screen. Now you have to click on CUSTOM IPSW button.
- Now browse the iOS 5 firmware that you have downloaded and placed inside the folder on your desktop.
- Redsn0w will now start cooking the custom firmware.
- Once it completes the process, it will show you the following screen. It shows the location of new firmware file it has created which is the same folder. The name of the new firmware file it has created starts with NO_BB. Press OK on this Windows.
- Click on the PWNED DFU option on Redsn0w.
- Put OFF your iOS device and connect it with your computer.
- Make sure its OFF and connected to your computer and then press the NEXT button.
- Redsn0w will now assist your to enter your device in DFU mode.
- Hold down both the HOME button and POWER button for almost 10 seconds on your iOS device.
- Let go the POWER button and keep holding the HOME button until your device is detected in the DFU mode.
- It will show you a DONE message once its completed.
- Open�iTunes 10.5�software.
- Hold down OPTION button on keyboard and press RESTORE button on iTunes and select the custom firmware from the folder you created on desktop. MAKE SURE you select the custom firmware that starts with NO_BB.
- Your device will be updated to iOS 5 firmware.
How To Jailbreak iOS 5 After Upgrading to iOS 5 While Preserving Baseband
Unlock iOS 5 on iPhone 4 & 3GS With Ultrasn0w 1.2.4
Unlock iOS 5 With Gevey Sim Possible With Preserved Baseband
We cover all jailbreak and unlock news. Proof is our homepage VeryRite.com. Make sure you follow us to get more HOW TO Guides.