As you already know that iPhone Dev Team has updated�Redsn0w jailbreak tool. The Redsn0w 0.9.9b4�can jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1 and iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 4G. Its a tethered jailbreak solution. Also note that It DOES NOT�jailbreak iPhone 4S�or�jailbreak iPad 2 on iOS 5.
Following guide is for those who want to create custom firmware of iOS 5 to preserve their baseband from updating for later Ultrasn0w unlock and jailbreak iOS 5.
How To Create Custom Firmware iOS 5 & Preserve Baseband and Jailbreak iOS 5 With Redsn0w
- Upgrade to iOS 5 while preserving baseband to get updated from this link. Make sure you follow all steps inside this link.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b6. Open the folder you created on desktop and open launch the Redsn0w application.
- It will open the following screen. Now you need to press the JAILBREAK button.
- Put OFF your iOS device and connect it with your computer.
- Make sure its OFF and connected to your computer and then press the NEXT button.
- Redsn0w will now assist your to enter your device in DFU mode.
- Hold down both the HOME button and POWER button for almost 10 seconds on your iOS device.
- Let go the POWER button and keep holding the HOME button until your device is detected in the DFU mode.
- After that your device will reboot.
- Redsn0w will now start preparing the jailbreak data so that it can start the process.
- Following screen will now appear and you have to select CYDIA for which we are doing this whole thing. Now click on the NEXT button.
- Redsn0w will now start the jailbreaking process. Once the process is completed, it will show your the following screen with a DONE message.
- After this, you need to re-launch Redsn0w application. Instead of clicking JAILBREAK, this time you need to click on EXTRAS.
- Now click on JUST BOOT option so that your device can tethered boot.
CONGRATULATION! You have successfully jailbroken iOS 5 on iOS device while preserving your baseband. Share this post with your friends. In case you have question, you can join us on Facebook or Twitter.
As you have succesfully jailbroken iOS 5, you can unlock your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS on unlock able basebands by following the guide below.