Great news for people who want Linux on their iOS device. A group of jailbreak developers has got success to install the Linux operating system on Apple’s iOS devices. They have made it possible to install Linux on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. One of the team members has tweeted with and an image of Linux running on the iPad device.
This is what @BluerisEN has tweeted. Also check out the image that he has posted:
So, we finally got Linux running on a mirror http://twitpic.com/6ayscz
The upcoming work is only compatible with iOS devices having A4 processor inside them. A4 chip based devices include iPhone 4, iPad 1 and iPod Touch 4G. Other than that it will not run Linux on the iPad 2 which is a more sophisticated device having A5 processor.
We will keep you updated on this. We will post as soon as they release anything. Stay tuned to VeryRite.com.
So who want to run Linux on their iOS device? Even if you do not want, you can still do it just for the sake of fun or you can tell your friend about it.
We cover all jailbreak and unlock news. Proof is our homepage VeryRite.com. Make sure you follow us.
You may also like to see:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread Running On iPhone 3G [Video]
- Google Android OS On Apple iPod Touch 4G Using OpeniBoot
- Google Android OS On iPhone 4 and iPad Using OpeniBoot Bootlace
- New Version Of BootLace Allows To Install Google Android OS Directly On Apple iPhone
- Chrome OS Notebook Cr-48 Hacked To Run Windows 7 & Mac OS X