Here is a great news. Upgrade to iOS 5 without a developer account is now possible. If you want to try iOS 5 beta and you are not enrolled as a developer, you can still install iOS 5 in your iDevice. A developer names Mert Erdir has found a vulnerability to up grade to iOS 5 without having any developer account.
He has also shared the method how you can achieve this task. According to the source:
- Search and download the iOS 5 IPSW for your iOS device.
- Connect your device with your computer and click on “Check for update” using OPTION for Mac and SHIFT for PC.
- Select the IPSW you have downloaded and let it to be updated.
- After its updated, triple click the Home Button so that Voice Over can be activated.
- Tripe click the Home button once again. It will show you Emergency Call.
- Click on it, while it’s switching, you have to swipe with your three fingers down.
- Now it will show you Notification Center. Now click on the Whether application. Now click on the Home button so that you can exit back to the Spring Board.
- Thats it! You are on iOS 5.
NOTE: We are not putting this to encourage you to upgrade to iOS 5 without developer account. We are putting this as a NEWS. If you want to try it, you can do it on your own risk. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong.
You may also like to see:
- iOS 5 Jailbreak? Cydia Developer Saurik Attended WWDC 2011
- iTunes 10.3 Download Available! Safe For Jailbreak-ers
- iTunes 10.5 Download Available For Mac! Safe For Jailbreak
- Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 Jailbreak iOS 5 beta 1 On iPhone iPad Released For Mac