As we have already told you the good news. iPhone Dev Team has finally released untethered iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple TV 2G. They have released two tools; redsn0w 0.9.6 RC9 and PwnageTool 4.3 for this purpose. The jailbreak solution is available for the devices which includes iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPad 1.
NOTE it is NOT compatible with iPad 2 device. iPad 2 users have to wait a little longer to get untethered 4.3.1 JB.
Remember the exploit used by iPhone Dev Team behind Redsn0w 0.9.6 RC9 is originally developed by Stefan Esser who is a security expert. Previously he handed over his exploit to the iPhone Dev Team. So a great thanks to Stefan Esser.
HOW TO GUIDE to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 Using Redsn0w 0.9.6 RC 9
- Download iOS 4.3.1 firmware for your iDevice.
- Update or Restore to the latest iOS 4.3.1 firmware (that you have download in Step 1) using iTunes 10.2.1.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6 RC12 (UPDATED)
- Launch Redsn0w application that you have downloaded.
- Point it to the iOS 4.3.1 IPSW firmware file.
- Check ‘Install Cydia’ and click ‘Next’
- Your iOS device must be Power Off and Plugged IN to the computer. Ensure it and click NEXT.
- It will prompt you to Enter your Device in DFU Mode.
- The steps are quite self explanatory.
- First you have to Press and Hold POWER button first.
- Without releasing the POWER button, press and hold the HOME button for almost 10 seconds.
- Now released POWER button but continue to hold HOME button (almost 15) until it starts the installation.
- Let the redsn0w do some automated steps. Sit back and relax.
- After a few automated steps, it will Restart you device.
- After it reboot, you will get a fully jailbroken device on iOS 4.3.1.
Thats it!! Congratulations!!! Your iPhone iPad or iPod Touch is now jailborken on the latest iOS 4.3.1 using Redsn0w.
We cover all jailbreak and unlock news. Proof is our homepage VeryRite.com. Make sure you follow us.