As you already know that Sn0wbreeze 2.4 is released for iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak for Windows users. Sn0wbreeze 2.4 beta 1 can jailbreak all device that are compatible with iOS 4.3.1 firmware which includes iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 4G. Note that its a tethered jailbreak utility making you boot into jailbroken state every time you reboot your iDevice. We are here to show you a HOW TO GUIDE.
This is what iH8sn0w has updated and you must know before you use this tool:
sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 – Details
ultrasn0w now works for basebands (01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00)
ultrasn0w is NOT compatible with the folllowing basebands! (02.10.04 / 03.10.01 / 04.10.01 / 05.14.02 / 05.15.04)
iPhone 3GS users can upgrade to 06.15.00 baseband now under Unlocks section in Expert.
Upgrading your iPhone 3GS baseband to the 06.15.00 iPad baseband hack to unlock MAY cause you to lose your GPS!
STEP BY STEP HOW TO GUIDE TO JAILBREAK iOS 4.3.1 USING Sn0wBREEZE 2.4
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.4 and launch it. It will show you the following screen.
- Press the blue button at the right bottom to proceed.
- It will prompt you two options; ‘Browse’ or ‘Drag the IPSW into me’. Do as you like.
- We are using Browse option to select iOS 4.3.1 firmware. (Download iOS 4.3.1)
- Let the sn0wbreeze software to verify the iOS 4.3.1 IPSW file.
- After verification is done press the blue button at the right bottom to proceed.
- Choose Expert Mode and press blue button to proceed. REMEMBER If you are relying on unlock then you should choose BaseBand Preservation Mode and not Expert Mode.
- Now check “Build IPSW” so it can start creating custom firmware.
- Sn0wbreeze software will create a custom firmware of iOS 4.3.1 for you. It will take some time. It will show you a message after its done.
- It will prompt you the instruction to enter in DFU mode Connect your device with PC. Follow the self explanatory instructions as you can see in the images. After that it will prompt you a message telling that you have successfully entered DFU.
- Following screen will be displayed telling you that you have entered in the Pwned DFU mode.
- Launch iTunes 10.2.1. Select the iOS device from the sidebar in iTunes software. Press the Shift on your keyboard and then press Restore (DO NOT UPDATE). It will ask you to location custom firmware that it has created. Select the custom firmware file.
- Rest of the process will be done by iTunes. Relax and wait for it to complete. It will take some time.
Congratulations! You have successfully jailbroken your iDevice using Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1. But its not over. As as we told you earlier that its a tethered jailbreak and you have to use iBooty 2.0 to boot your device in tethered mode.
TETHERED BOOT USING iBOOTY 2.2
- Find the “iBooty-for-4.3.1? directory folder made by Sn0wbreeze 2.4b1 software. You can re make the custom firmware by using sn0wbreeze 2.4 if you find no such folder. Re doing the custom firmware creation process will get the files and iBooty on you desktop.
- Open this ‘iBooty-for-4.3.1? folder and launch iBooty.exe application.
- A disclaimer will be prompted. Wait and it will disappear.
- Choose your iOS device from the menu.
- Press the ‘Start’ and enter the DFU mode by the instructions on the screen.
- After that, iBooty software will begin uploading payloads and exploiting using Greenpois0n.
- Let the process to get completed. It will show a Done message in the end.
Thats It!. Enjoy!
For Mac users, PwnageTool is already released. You can follow the guide posted here to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on Mac.
Video Guide To Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 On Windows UsingSn0wbreeze 2.4
UPDATE: Untethered Jailbreak has been announced for iOS 4.3.1
How to Guide To Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 On Windows For iPhone iPad & iPod touch With Sn0wbreeze 2.5
We cover all jailbreak and unlock news. Proof is our homepage VeryRite.com. Make sure you follow us.