As we know that Apple has released the iOS 4.3.1 for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1 & 2 and iPod Touch 3G and 3G. Great news is that its jailbroken already. Thanks to DjayB6 for making Bundles and Ramdisk Fixer available to us. We are here to show you a HOW TO Guide to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 iPhone 4 using PwnageTool.
- Download PwnageTool 4.2
- Download iOS 4.3.1 firmware
- Download iTunes 10.2.1
- Mac OS X (Windows users have to wait for Sn0wbreeze)
- Universal Ramdisk Fixer
- PwnageTool Bundle for iOS 4.3.1
- Tetheredboot utility
You MUST know:
- Do not worry, you baseband will not be upgraded while restoring
- If you are relying on carrier unlock, STAY AWAY from it as there is no unlock for the higher baseband on iOS 4.3.1
- DO NOT USE it for iPad 2 for now
- Its a tethered jailbreak method.
- Cydia show full support with iOS 4.3.1
STEP BY STEP HOW TO GUIDE TO JAILBREAK iOS 4.3.1 ON IPHONE 4
- Download PwnageTool Bundle for your iDevice. (Also include the Ramdisk Fixer download)
- Extract the download.
- We will use iPhone3,1_4.3.1_8G4.bundle as we are jailbreaking iPhone 4 in this guide.
- Place this .bundle file on your desktop.
- Download PwnageTool 4.2.
- Place the downloaded file to /applications directory on your Mac OS X.
- Right click on this file and select ‘Show Package Contents’
- Go to Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/
- Paste in this folder the bundle file, iPhone3,1_4.3.1_8G4.bundle
- Download Universal Ramdisk Fixer and Install it.
- Ramdisk maker will patch the current broken PwnageTool for iOS 4.3.1.
- Download the iOS 4.3.1 for your iOS device and place it on the desktop.
- Run PwnageTool.
- Select ‘Expert Mode’ from the top and select your device.
- Browse iOS 4.3.1 firmware IPSW you downloaded in the STEP 5.
- Press “Build” button.
- It will automatically create a custom firmware iOS 4.3.1 IPSW.
- Wait for some time for this process to be completed.
- Put your device in DFU Mode.
- For that first press both Power and Home button for 10 seconds.
- Let go the Power button but keep on holding the Home button.
- After that you device will go into the DFU mode and it will notify you.
- Start iTunes 10.2.1 and connect your iPhone 4 device with it.
- Click on your iOS device icon in the sidebar on iTunes.
- Now press and keep on holding the ‘Alt’ button on your Mac and click the “Restore” button (Do not ‘Update’ or ‘Check for updates’ in the iTunes). and then release the button.
- Select the location of your custom firmware you want to restore.
- iTunes software will now restore your iPhone to iOS 4.3.1 custom firmware. Wait for a while.
- After this your device will be jailbroken on iOS 4.3.1 but we are not done. We have to boot the deivce in tethered boot.
- Download tetheredboot.zip for Mac OS X and extract the file.
- Create a copy of your custom firmware file. Rename the custom IPSW file to .zip and extract it.
- We need two files from the extracted data.
- Kernalcache.release.n90 (found in the root map)
- · iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu (found under /firmware/dfu)
- Create a folder and name it “tetheredboot”.
- Copy the tetheredboot application you downloaded in STEP 12 and paste it in there.
- Also copy and paste in there two files we have selected in STEP 13
- Turn off your device and start Terminal on your Mac and type in the following commands.
- Enter your administrator password then type in:
If you cannot put commands, select and drag the file into the Terminal one by one. It will execute the command for you.
Note: You have to type the above commands according to your directory and user. Change ‘VeryRite’ according to your structure.
After putting the commands and pressing enter, you have to put your device in DFU mode.
- Hold power and home button for almost 10 seconds.
- Release the home button but keep holding the power button.
- You device will go into the DFU mode.
- Let the device to reboot. Terminal will be showing “Exiting Libpois0n”.
- Your device will boot in the tethered jailbreak mode.
Congratulations! You have successfully jailbroken iOS 4.3.1 on your iPhone 4 device.
Follow us to get more HOW TO JAILBREAK Guides. Also Retweet or Share on Facebook to share it to more people.
Update: Untethered Jailbreak has been released. Check out the links below.
HOW TO GUIDE To Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 untethered Using Redsn0w 0.9.6 RC9
HOW TO GUIDE To Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 untethered Using PwnageTool 4.3 For Mac
How to Guide To Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 On Windows For iPhone iPad & iPod touch With Sn0wbreeze 2.5
We cover all jailbreak and unlock news. Proof is our homepage http://veryrite.com