As you know Apple has released iOS 4.3.1 for iPhone iPad and iPod Touch. We have already warned people having jailbroken or unlocked devices not to update to iOS 4.3.1 until further notice as there is no stable version to jailbreak it till now. Mistakenly or accidentally if you have upgraded, we are there to help you downgrade from iOS 4.3.1 to iOS 4.3/ iOS 4.2.1 / iOS 4.1 / iOS 4.0 / iOS 4.0.x.
You can downgrade iOS 4.3.1 to iOS 4.3/ iOS 4.2.1 / iOS 4.1 / iOS 4.0 / iOS 4.0.x on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G & 4G, iPad 1 and 2. These are the device that are actually allowed to to be upgraded to iOS 4.3.1.
REMEMBER if you do not have saved SHSH blobs of the firmware version to which you want to downgrade, it will not work for you.
DOWNGRADE iOS 4.3.1 firmware to iOS 4.3 / iOS 4.2.1 / iOS 4.1 / iOS 4.0.x
- You need to have old IPSW firmwares downloaded. We assume you already have the files downloaded of (iOS 4.3 / 4.2.1 / 4.1 ) what ever firmware your require to downgrade to.
- Now we will be changing the address that are pointing to Apple Servers to the address which Jay Freeman (Saurik) has given us.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and find the ‘Hosts’ file. [For Windows Users].
- Navigate to Go -> Go to Folder and enter the path /etc [For Mac Users].
- After you find the ‘Hosts’ file, open it in TextEdit (Mac OS users) or Notepad (Windows Users).
- Windows 7 and Vista users have to right click on NOTEPAD and click ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Mac OS users should have all permissions on your the user account.
- Add this line “220.127.116.11 gs.apple.com” without quotes at the bottom.
- Save the file.
- Put your iOS device into DFU mode and NOT in the recovery mode.
- Connect your iDevice with your computer and power off your iDevice.
- Launch the iTunes software in your computer.
- Press and hold POWER and HOME buttons simultaneously for almost 10 seconds.
- Now let go the POWER button but keep on holding the HOME button till your computer recognizes your iDevice. Let go the Home button right after your computer recognizes your iDevice otherwise it will go into recovery mode.
- Your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, what ever you are using, at this time should be showing a blank display. If its not showing blank display, its in recovery mode and not in DFU mode which you wanted.
- In iTunes, you have to choose your iOS device in the right sidebar.
- Press and keep on holding SHIFT button (Windows Users) or ALT button (Mac Users) and Click ‘Restore’ button. Remember DO NOT ‘Update’ or ‘Check for Update’.
- iTunes software will ask you navigate to the location where you have placed your iOS 4.3, iOS 4.2.1, iOS 4.1 firmware file. Select and open to restore it.
- Let iTunes do rest of the work. Do not interrupt. It will restore the desired firmware that you have chosen.
- After its done, it will reboot.
- If it gives you some error like ‘1013’, just ignore it. IF the error makes your device stuck in the Recovery Mode, it will show you the following screen asking to connect to iTunes.
- You can use Notcom’s Exit Recovery (Download for Windows & Mac) and run it.
- After you run exit recovery, it will run do some automated step and open command prompts. After that your device will be restarted.
Congratulations! You have downgraded back to iOS 4.3/ 4.2.1 / 4.1 from iOS 4.3.1. Now you can jailbreak your device. If you have downgraded to iOS 4.2.1 use Greenpois0n RC5 which is highly recommended.
After you are done, you can remove the line 18.104.22.168 gs.apple.com from the Host file to get regular Apple updates messages.
HOW TO GUIDE To Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 untethered Using Redsn0w 0.9.6 RC9
HOW TO GUIDE To Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 untethered Using PwnageTool 4.3 For Mac
How to Guide To Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 On Windows For iPhone iPad & iPod touch With Sn0wbreeze 2.5
Make sure you follow us to get more HOW TO GUIDES, jailbreak and unlock news.