It seems we are not going to get an iPhone 4 unlock soon. iPhone Dev Team key member, MuscleNerd has confirmed that the team do not have any baseband exploit on 02.10.04 on 03.10.01 for iPhone 4.
The famous hacker has chosen another approach by downgrading the baseband and then applying unlock but no estimated time for it can be assured. If you are unaware, iPhone 4 unlock on higher basebands is not available.
He is trying to downgrade the baseband first. Clever but risky. There is no assurance whether he will be successful in his attempt or not.
This is what he has announced on his Twitter account:
Sorry, there’s no news on the i4 unlock for those who lost 01.59 (or never had it). It’s taking longer than we wanted
The 06.15.00 downgrade has been pushed off by the i4 BB work…gotta prioritize else it’s constant juggling
Seems like Apple has won and they have beaten Dev Team specifically in the iPhone 4 unlock case. They should announced this a little earlier. We have seen them giving hopes followed by excuses since long.
Update: Gevey SIM Card Unlock iPhone 4
Stay connected to VeryRite.com. We will be updating you as soon as we get more details.
You may also like to see:
- Apple Has Put Baseband Requirement On iOS To Resist Jailbreakers & Unlockers
- Apple iPad 2 Is Carrier Unlocked Officially – Swap Sim Cards
- Unlock Verizon iPhone 4 On Cricket Network Carrier
- GeoHot Holds No Unlock 4 iPhone 4 Baseband 02.10.04 & 03.10.01
- iPhone 5 jailbreak will be more complicated than iPad 2 Jailbreak