Cyanogen Mod is an after market firmware for different mobile phones based on the Android OS. It provides the user with stock Android experience offering features not found in the official Android firmwares of vendors of these mobile phones. It claims to provide performance and features more than the official Android OS firmware. The latest version of the CyanogenMod- RC (CM) has been released for various phones including Google Nexus One, HTC EVO 4G, Vision (Desire Z/G2) and myTouch 4G.
CyanogenMod-7 brings the Android 2.3 Gingerbread to more than a couple of dozen supported devices. Currently the developers has released an RC version. You might face few complications which will be addressed in the final version which is expected to be here very soon.
Customized lock screen, music app, by default gesture support and performance environment are few new features found in the Cyanogen Mod 7. You can create you own theme using the theme engine offered by the CyanogenMod 7.
Remember you have to have your device rooted which will void the warranty to install CyanogenMod 7 on your device.
Download CyanogenMod 7
You might also like to see:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread Running On iPhone 3G [Video]
- Get File System Access By Rooting Nexus S On Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- HTC HD 2 Hacked To Get Android 2.3.1 Gingerbread Update
- Samsung Galaxy S Gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread Update From Nexus S
- Ubuntu OS Ported To Google Nexus S Device
- Uninstall Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Install MeeGo OS On Nexus S Device
- Unlock Google Nexus S Bootloader To Install Custom ROMs