Here is something interesting. Microsoft revealed the complete road-map of Windows Phone 7 for this year. What makes us write this post is the integration of Windows Phone 7 and Xbox Kinect. The company has announced a game named Rally Ball that uses the phone to fire balls at another user playing Kinect. The video is demoed in the Mobile World Conference in Barcelona.
It has been demoed flawlessly in the Microsoft Games Studio where two women were using their Windows Phone device shoot balls in the Rally Ball game that a man was playing on the Kinect.
The video shows that a real time operation between the Windows Phone device and Kinect. The integration is not porting of Kinect motion sense to the Windows Phone. It is actually the player’s phone input added to the Kinect game.
Currently the Windows Phone 7 is offering basic integration with Xbox Live which also includes the ability to play a selection of arcade games and friend activity.
Of course this is just a demo, we can think of other possibilities as well that are yet to come. Check out the video to see it in the action.
You may also like to see:
- Enable USB Tethering On HTC Windows Phone 7 – Share Internet Connection With Computer
- HTC HD 2 Hacked To Get Android 2.3.1 Gingerbread Update
- Microsoft Sales Boosted With 2 Million Windows Phone 7 Devices Sold
- Xbox Kinect Hacked To Run With Apple iPhone & iPad
- Microsoft Kinect SDK For Windows To Arrive This Spring