Famous jailbreaker GeoHot has published three facts about himself on his website. The new update on his website says that he has never played and pirated any PlayStaion 3 game. He never hacked anything that he did not own.
Check the following text that he has posted:
To people new to this site, three honest to god facts about me
* I have never pirated a PS3 game in my life, nor helped or encouraged people to do so
* I have never played PlayStation online, never mind cheated, nor helped or encouraged people to do so
* I have never hacked anything that I did not own or without consent of the owner
The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than win. The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly.
– L. Ron Hubbard (Scientology cult founder), 1955
If you unaware of the whole story, the young hacker George Hotz aka GeoHot was involved in the PlayStation 3 firmware 3.55 jailbreak. The 21 year old New Jersey Geohot is well known in the jailbreak and unlock community. Sony sued GeoHot. After that, US District Judge Susan Yvonne Illston approved Sony’s request for temporary restraining order (TRO) against GeoHot. The young hacker has been ordered to immediately stop the distribution of Homebrew Signing Tools for PS3 3.55 Jailbreak.
Stay connected to Veryrite.com. We will be updating you on Sony GeoHot Lawsuit.
You may also like to see:
- PS 3 Jailbreaker GeoHot Raps About Getting Sued By Sony [Video]
- PlayStation 3 Jailbreak Code Mistakenly Retweeted By Sony’s Kevin Butler
- [Sony GeoHot Lawsuit] Sony To Target Anyone Posting PlayStation 3 Hack
- GeoHot To Speak On Embedded Security – How iPhone & PS3 Were Jailbroken
- Judge Orders PS Jailbreaker Geohot To Let Sony Inspect His Hard Drive