Another big news and its confirmed. Apple iOS 4.2.6 for Verizon iPhone 4 has been jailbroken. Verizon iPhone 4 is jailbroken using Greenpois0n. The news has been confirmed by the Chronic Dev Team member pod2g. The hacker asked through his Twitter account that they need to test Greenpois0n for Verizon iPhone. In reply he got confirmations from his followers that indeed the GP works and jailbreaks CDMA Verizon Wireless iPhone 4.
Lets check out one of the replies he got. This is what pod2g has tweeted:
Anyone with a Verizon iPhone ? If so, please message me, we need to do a test for RC6. Thanks.
In reply he got:
@pod2g geenpois0n works with i4 verizon great
Previously we have seen Muscle Nerd, key member of iPhone Dev Team confirmed that the CDMA Verizon Wireless iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.1 will be jailbroken on the launch day using the GeoHot’s exploit Limera1n. And for the early buyers, it will be pwned for life.
Stay connected to VeryRite.com. We will be updating you with a STEP BY STEP HOW TO GUIDE to jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6.
Greenpois0n RC5 is surely a great success. If you have missed the guides to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 using the GP tool then follow below links:
For MAC Users:
- How To : Greenpois0n RC5 For Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak On iPhone 4 / 3GS On Mac OSX
- How To Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak On iPod Touch 3G 4G Using Greenpois0n RC5
- HOW TO Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 On iPad Using Greenpois0n RC5
For Windows Users:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 iPhone 4 3GS With Greenpois0n RC5 Windows
- How To Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 On iPod Touch 3G / 4G Using Greenpois0n RC5 On Windows
- How To Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 On iPad Using Greenpois0n RC5 Windows