Here is another thing related to Greenpois0n RC5 which many people consider as a bug. But it is not a bug. When you try to launch Greenpois0n RC5 jailbreak tool, it opens and then closes straight away. Reason is that the Greenpois0n RC5 tool by default do not run on Mac OS X 10.5.x (till now). It tries to access version 6.0.0 of libcurl.4.dylib but as you are trying to run it on the 5.0.0, so it closes immediately. You can follow the below guide to resolve this issue.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO GUIDE TO RUN GREENPOIS0N RC5_2 ON MAC OS X LEOPARD 10.5.x
- Download file from the link libcurl.4.dylib v6.0.0
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Now run the Terminal.app
- Type in the prompt: “sudo rm /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib” (without quotes)
- Enter the password and press Enter.
- Type in the prompt: “sudo cp ~/Downloads/libcurl.4.dylib /usr/lib” (without quotes)
- Now close the Terminal.app and Run the greenpois0n tool
Now you will be able to run Greenpois0n RC5 tool on your Mac OS X 10.5.x. For more bug fixes follow the below guide.
If you have missed the guides to jailbreak using Greenpois0n then follow the below guides.
- How To : Greenpois0n RC5 For Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak On iPhone 4 / 3GS On Mac OSX
- How To Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak On iPod Touch 3G 4G Using Greenpois0n RC5
- HOW TO Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 On iPad Using Greenpois0n RC5
Stay connected to VeryRite.com to get more updates from the jailbreak world.