We have already updated you that iPhone Dev Team is waiting for Verizon iPhone launch on Feb 10. On the other hand people are expecting that the Dev Team will introduce unlock and jailbreak for Verizon iPhone. MuscleNerd, iPhone Dev Team key member has confirmed that Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6 will be jailbroken on its launch day. For the early buyers the CDMA iPhone 4 will be pwned for life. That is surely a great news.
This is what MuscleNerd has tweeted first:
If the i4 crypto engine couldn’t get those, it would have been bad sign for limera1n. But it did, so there’s still hope.
A person on Twitter named damon_taylor asked MuscleNerd:
@musclenerd deciphering key Firmware is an important step toward completion of the jailbreak of the iPhone. But what is the next step?
Musclenerd Replied to this :
If limera1n is still there, it means at *least* tethered JB on 0-day (and for those who buy early, forever).
It seems that just after the release of iOS 4.2.6 for Verizon iPhone, MuscleNerd was successful to extract the keys through the iPhone 4?s crypto engine. Now its confirmed that GeoHot’s Limera1n exploit will continue to work. We are not sure why Apple did not fixed the limera1n exploit till now even after revising the hardware.
You might also like to see:
- Apple Releases iOS 4.2.6 For CDMA Verizon iPhone 4
- Apple Releases iTunes 10.1.2 For Windows & Mac To Support CDMA iPhone 4
- Comex Untethered iOS Jailbreak To Release After Verizon iPhone
- GeoHot To Release Untethered iOS Jailbreak For CDMA Verizon iPhone 4
- iPhone Dev Team Waiting For Verizon iPhone Before iPhone 4 Unlock