Microsoft has achieved another big milestone with its Windows Phone 7. The company has successfully shipped two million Windows Phone 7 devices in the last quarter. The previous figure was 1.5 million units in the first six weeks after its launch. WP7 is surely a great success for the Redmond Giant.
Yesterday we have seen rumors floating about the 2 million figure crossed by Microsoft with its WP7. After that it was confirmed by Greg Sullivan, a Microsoft senior product manager, in an interview with Bloomberg.
Sullivan also revealed few interesting facts about the wp7 devices. He told that customer satisfaction for Windows Phone 7 is 93%. Brand Awareness is going at an exponential rate up 22 points to 66%. Well this is a little less surprising as Microsoft has made available half a billion amount for marketing the new Windows Phone 7.
It is for sure that Microsoft has made their new software well branded. Let us see what kind of response they are going to get in the first quarter of 2011. At the moment its So Far So Good.
We suggest that Microsoft should made their own hardware as well instead of just making the wp7 software available for other phones. We have also seen Nokia in a deal with Microsoft to make handsets that will use Windows Phone 7. If it happens, that will give a big boost to Windows Phone 7.
You might also like to see:
- HTC HD2 & HTC HD7 Side By Side Running Windows Phone 7 WP7
- Jailbreak/Unlock Microsoft Windows Phone 7 [WP 7] With ChevronWP7 Hack Tool
- Microsoft Windows Phone 7 [WP7] Jailbreak, Hacked To Access Full File System
- Port Apple iOS Or Google Android Apps To Windows Phone 7
- Search iTunes & Apple App Store Using Windows Phone 7 Device [WP7]