The version of PwnageTool do not preserve the baseband so people who have unlocked their devices using Ultrasn0w MUST stay away from this.
The guide is very similar to using PwnageTool for iOS 4.1. Lets check it.
STEP BY STEP HOW TO GUIDE TO Jailbreak iOS 4.3 iPhone 4 using PwnageTool
- Download and install iTunes 10.1 if you do not have it already.
- Launch iTunes 10.1
- Sync iPhone 4 with your Mac OS for backup.
- Download PwnageTool 4.3
- Download the original iOS 4.3 for your of iPhone device and save it to your desktop.
- Launch the PwnageTool.
- Click Ok, if it prompts you a warning.
- Select ‘Expert Mode’ from the top menu bar and then choose your iPhone 4.
- Click Blue colored arrow sign at the bottom right to proceed.
- Click “Browse for IPSW… button”
- Select iOS firmware 4.3 from the Pwnage folder that you have download in STEP 2.
- It will prompt you various options. Select ‘Build’.
- Click Blue colored arrow button at the bottom right to proceed.
- PwnageTool will begin to make the custom .ipsw file for your iPhone device.
- It will prompt you to save custom .ipsw firmware file.
- Save this file to your desktop.
- It will take 10 to 15 minutes approx. for cooking custom firmware.
- Restore iPhone device to this custom firmware 4.3.
- Click phone icon that you can find in the sidebar of iTunes.
- Now you have to press and hold left “ALT” button (”Shift” button if you are a Windows user) on the keyboard. Click on “Restore” button in the iTunes. Do not click ‘Update’ or ‘Check for Update’.
- Then release the “Shift” button.
- Your device is now in the DFU mode.
- iTunes will ask you to select the location for your custom firmware 4.3.
- Select the custom IPSW that you have created.
- Click the Choose button.
- Wait and let the iTunes to install the new firmware 4.3 on your iPhone.
- After the installation your iPhone device will restart.
Congratulations!!! You have successfully jailbroken iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3 Beta.
Follow the above at your own risk as the jailbreaking processes involves some risks usually.
Stay connected to VeryRite.com for more HOW TO guides on jailbreaks and unlocks.