Apple has released iOS 4.3 beta 1 version. The new version is available in the iOS Dev Center for the developers. Currently, you have to be a developer to use this beta version. Attention! iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G are no longer supported with the release of iOS 4.3.
iOS 4.3 will support devices that includes iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G and Apple TV.
New features in iOS 4.3 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
- Personal Hotspot feature to turns your iDevice into a Wi-Fi router.
- AirPlay support for third party applications.
- FaceTime with new icons for iPod Touch
- iAd now supporting full screen banners
- iPad to support 4 and 5 finger gestures
- New Message alert settings
- “Noteworthy” new font addition to iPad.
Here is a full change log that contains the known and unknown issues in the iOS 4.3 beta 1.
- MMS pictures are rotated 90 degrees
- Delay in activating FaceTIme after SIM swap
- Delay when zooming in and out in Safari
- FTP tool sometimes errors out
- If SIM card is removed with personal hotspot is enabled, iPhone panics
- D2D apps are not opening
- Sound remains on even though the device is muted
Issues Fixed Since iOS 4.3 8F5132f
- Fixed issue that prevented controls from being dismissed in some cases
- Addressed issue where the keyboard could not be brought back when highlighting and swiping through search results
- Voice over now reads the entire chart in stocks app while in landscape mode
- Fixed slideshow stop after 15 image when using AirPlay
- iPhone -> 04.08.00
- Enabled Traffic Volume Indicator IE in CELL UPDATE
- Fixed issue with integrity protection failing after SRNS relocation
- Fixed issue of iPhone units deactivating and not activating after baseband logging is enabled
- iPad -> 07.11.00
- Fixed issue of Physical channel reconfiguration failure during a reselection procedure
- Fixed issue of the UE missing a page because it is decoding and responding to RRC Setup messages meant for other UEs
- Fixed incorrect auto routing with LG HBM-210 on FaceTime calls
- Fixed canceled recurring calendar events still shows on the event list
- Fixed deleting a recurring events make the alarm go away
- Fixed all-day alarm fired an hour early
- Fixed exchange calendar event duplicating when passing Israeli daylight savings time
- Letter ? is now visible in notes
- Fixed missing accented letters in European keyboard popups
- Increase font size for China and Pinyin inputs
- Fixed auto-correction issue when switch back from Emoji to English keyboard
- Added inline space with Pingyin inputs
- Corrected “Undo” translation in Simplified Chinese to “??”
- Updated inconsistent translation in Chinese, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese,
- Fixed missing Chinese characters in Pinyin
- Improved common phrases used in Chinese
- Improved common phrased used in Japanese
- ???? is no longer missing
- Fixed issue that produced unexpected output when trying to type ??????
- ??? now ranked higher than ???
- Word completion candidates capability now available for Chinese language
- Added additional common phrases for character ?
- Fixed issue that caused the wrong candidates to be displayed (J: “?????”) when “?????” is input
- “??(???)” now in the candidate
- Fixed orientation of mail application not following device orientation under specific conditions
- Fixed popover when drilling into a thread while the empty search field is focused
- Fixed mail message view and orientation when quickly selecting a message and hitting edit mode
- Fixed MMS messages with vCards scrolling up
- Fixed screen not drawing properly when Nike+ is in the background
- Added new icon for wifi tethering for personal hotspot on status bar
- Fixed issue that caused Safari and other apps to crash after loading certain heavy Websites
- Fixed Personal Hotspot password failure with 22+ characters
- Added support to for “find” in Safari
- Fixed wallpaper titles for VoiceOver