GeoHot is back with more surprises. The well know iPhone hacker has released the PlayStation 3‘s METLDR root key to the public. Previously we have also seen German hackers fail0verflow announced that they have found PlayStation 3‘s “private key” which is used by Sony itself to block access to the unsigned codes.
The root key by GeoHot could be used to gain access to console’s loader and allow unsigned and restricted apps to on PS3.
GeoHot has made the root key public on his site. He has also made a post urging any of the thee console makers to contact him if they want their next console to be secure. Here is what he has posted on his site.
props to fail0verflow for the asymmetric half
no donate link, just use this info wisely
i do not condone piracy
if you want your next console to be secure, get in touch with me. any of you 3.
it’d be fun to be on the other side.
…and this is a real self, hello world
shouts to the guys who did PSL1GHT
without you, I couldn’t release this
For the people who are unaware of the developer, George Hotz (GeoHot) is the famous for purplera1n, Blackra1n Jailbreak and Limera1n Jailbreak for iPhone, iPod and iPad and also his work on PlayStation 3 [PS3] hacking.
You might also like to see:
- Download dePKG PlayStation 3 [PS3] Firmware Decrypter By GeoHot
- GeoHot To Release Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak Solution?
- Rubyra1n Is GeoHot’s New Jailbreak For iPad, iPhone & ipod?
- PlayStation 3 [PS 3] Jailbroken Using Apple iPhone & iPod Touch!
- PlayStation 3 [PS3] Firmware 3.50 Jailbreak With X3 Max Dongle Without Downgrade
- PS Jailbreak Allows Downgrade Of PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.42 and 3.5 To Earlier Versions
Stay tuned to veryrite.com. We will be updating you with all the jailbreak and unlock news.