As we know that Redns0w 0.9.7b1 has been released as promised by the iPhone Dev Team. The version is released for untethered jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1 for iPad, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch. At the moment, iPhone 3GS and 3G versions are not supported but soon it will show compatibility with these devices as well.
We have promised to come up with a HOW TO GUIDE for untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak. So here we are :)
STEP BY STEP HOW TO GUIDE FOR UNTETHERED JAILBREAK ON IOS 4.2.1 iPad, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch Using Redns0w 0.9.7b1.
Note: Skip to step 2 directly if your device is already tethered jailbroken on iOS 4.2.1.
- Jailbreak your iOS 4.2.1 device using Redsn0w using the HOW TO GUIDE by clicking the link Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 On iPhone 4, 3G, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch With Red Sn0w 0.9.6b4
- Now go to Cydia and see whether SHSH blobs of iOS 4.2b3 are saved or not.
- It will be showing you a status “SHSH: 4.1, 4.2b3″
- Click the link to Download Redsn0w 0.9.7b1.
- Download & unzip usbmuxd on your desktop from here.
- Launch Mac Terminal.
- Type these command lines:
cd / Users/votrenom/Desktop/usbmuxd-1.0.6/python-client
chmod + x tcprelay.py
. / Tcprelay.py Does 22:2222
- Now run Redsn0w 0.9.7b1
- Click ‘Browse’ button to point it to original firmware 4.2.1 (iPhone3, 1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore)
- Check the Jailbreak Monte option for untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak
- Point it to iOS 4.2 beta 3 firmware (iPhone3, 1_4.2_8C5115c_Restore)
- Now put your iDevice on DFU mode by a self explanatory instructions. You can see below images to take help.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the process of untethered jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1 :)
At the moment, Redsn0w 0.9.7 is released as a first beta. The upcoming version will be supporting Windows OS users and built in usbmuxd support.