We have seen Ultra Snow 1.2 unlock tool released for iPhone 3g and 3GS few days back. It was necessary to update your iPhone 3G or 3GS device running iOS 4.2.1 to iPad baseband 06.15.00 before you can unlock using ultrasn0w. Those who have done this process were effected by battery drain problem.
Sbinger has created an app named “Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM)” that is supported by Redsn0w and PwnageTool hactivated iPhone 4, iPhone 3G and 3GS. SAM re-activates your device to handle EDGE/3G over consumption issue that leas to battery drain.
Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM) tricks your iPhone and iTunes into creating legitimate activation tickets even though you’re unlocked with ultrasn0w. This means you get the full benefit of push applications, and your battery life increases substantially.
Step by Step Guide of How to Hacktivate iPhone 4/3G/3GS Using Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM)
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.2.1 using PwnageTool or Redsn0w
- You can do this by opening Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 Jailbreak On iOS 4.2.1 To Update iPhone 3G/3GS Baseband To 06.15.00
- Run ‘Cydia’ on the Springboard of your jailbroken iPhone 3G or 3GS device.
- Choose ‘Manage’ tab at the bottom of your iPhone screen and the select ‘Sources’.
- Select ‘Edit’ and then select ‘Add’.
- Enter a URL source by typing “http://repo.bingner.com” and select on ‘Add Source’.
- Now click ‘Return to Cydia’ after the addition of source.
- After the installation is completed search for ‘Binger’ in Cydia.
- Select SAM from the packages and install the package.
- Now select SAMPrefs from the lists of packages and install it.
- It will complete the installation and now you have to press ‘Restart SpringBoard’ button.
- Run Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 and point it to iOS 4.2.1.
- It will prompt you: “Is this newer (fixed) model?”. Verify by following the instructions in screenshot below and click the ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ button accordingly.
- At this time you can only perform an untethered jailbreak on the older model.
Now click Next to proceed after the firmware has been verified.
Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 will now start preparing the jailbreak data.
- Select packages to install.
- Select “Deactivate” option.
- Now connect your iPhone into the computer and make sure its OFF
- Click the Next button.
- It will prompt you to put your device in DFU mode.
- For this you have to press the Home and Power together for almost 10 seconds.
- Release the Power button and continue holding the Home button until RedSn0w detects your device.
- RedSn0w tool will now download the baseband if required and your iPhone device will reboot.
- Now RedSn0w will start uploading the new RAM Disk and Kernel.
- It will prompt you a message “done” once the ramdisk uploading process is finished.
- Click the Finish button.
- From the Settings Menu you have to go to SAM.
- Click De-Activate iPhone option.
- Open iTunes and let your device to be activated.
- If iTunes prompts and says invalid SIM, you will have to manually select the right network carrier under one of the methods besides “Automatic” and click on a SIMID.
Thats it! You have successfully hactivated your iPhone device using Subscriber Artificial Module.
Follow us on TWITTER or subscribe to our FEEDS to get more technology reviews and Internet News.