The new beta of jailbreak tool Red Sn0w has been released. Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 is capable to update baseband of iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS to 06.15.00. After updating your baseband you can unlock your device using Ultrasn0w on iOS 4.2.1 or iOS 4.1 firmware versions. Redsn0w is available for download both for Windows and Mac.
You can not downgrade the baseband once updated to version 6.15, and there is no way to hide the version of the baseband to Apple. This will void the warranty of the device.If Apple were to release in future updates to the baseband 05.xx with critical fix, you can not upgrade because the version of the baseband installed in this way (6:15) would be issued later than that and no possibility of downgrade.
As of firmware 4.2.1, baseband with iPhone users upgraded to version 06.15 will not be able to restore your device with an original Apple firmware. It will be necessary, in fact, always restore a custom firmware otherwise the process will fail and iTunes returns an error.
How To Guide To Update iPhone 3GS/3G baseband to 06.15.00 With Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 Jailbreak Tool.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6 beta 5 for Windows or
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6 beta 5 for Mac
- Download iOS 4.2.1 for your device
- Download iTunes 10.1.
- Update/Restore to iOS 4.2.1 firmware version using the IPSW file that you have just downloaded via iTunes 10.1.
- Run Redsn0w 0.9.6b5
- Browse and point it to iOS 4.2.1 firmware.
- It will prompt a windows saying “Is this newer (fixed) model?”
- By reading the instructions click on ‘YES’ or ‘NO’ accordingly.
- It will prompt with the same window with an additional message “IPSW successfully identified”
- Click ‘NEXT’ to proceed.
- Redsn0w will not start creating the jailbreak data.
- Select “Install Cydia” and “Install iPad baseband”. This will replace present baseband 05.14.02 of your iPhone 3G or 3GS device with iPad 3.2.2’s baseband 06.15.00 which can later be unlocked using Ultrasn0w 1.2.
- Click “NEXT” to proceed.
- Plug your iPhone into the computer and make sure its OFF.
- Click the Next button to proceed.
- Now it will prompt you to put your device DFU mode.
- For this you have to Press the Home and Power together for almost 5 to 10 seconds.
- Now without releasing the Home button, release the power button, but keep holding the Home button for almost 15 seconds.
- RedSn0w will now start fetching that is downloading the iPad baseband
- After this your device will reboot.
- RedSn0w tool will now start uploading the Kernel and new RAM Disk.
- After ramdisk uploading is finished, it will notify as “Done”.
- Click “Finish” and it will be jailbroken when your device finishes rebooting.
Next step is only For iPhone 3GS users with New Bootrom who are dependent on a tethered jailbreak. They can use Redsn0w to boot back into jailbroken state. Select ”Just boot tethered right now”.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated your iPhone 3GS/3G baseband to 06.15.00 With Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 Jailbreak Tool.
You might also like to see:
- Update iPhone 3G,3GS Baseband To 06.15.00 Using PwnageTool & Unlock On iOS 4.2.1 Using Ultra Sn0w 1.2