Previously we have seen the Dev Team releasing Ultra Sn0w carrier unlock for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.2.1. We have also seen that we need to update our device to baseband 06.15.00 before we can use ultrasn0w version 1.2.
You can see a how to guide to jailbreak iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.2.1 by updating the baseband to 06.15.00 using PwnageTool 4.1.3 for Mac OS X.
After you update your device baseband using the link given above, you can now unlock your 3G or 3GS device by using the following guide.
Unlock iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.1 and iOS 4.2.1 using Ultrasn0w 1.2:
- Your iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS device must be jailbroken on iOS 4.2.1 or 4.1 using PwnageTool 4.1.3 by using the update to baseband 06.15 guide posted above.
- Run �Cydia� on your jailbroken iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G what ever you are using.
- Choose ‘MANAGE’ tab.
- Now click on ‘Sources’ button as in the image below.
- Now click ‘EDIT’ and then click on ‘ADD’.
- It will prompt you to enter to enter the source URL.
- Write ‘http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com’ and click ‘ADD SOURCE’ button.
- After the previous step is completed select ‘RETURN TO CYDIA’ button and Press ‘DONE’ button at the top tight side.
- Select ‘repo666.ultrasn0w.com’ from source list.
- Select Ultrasn0w from the packages.
- Now Select ‘Install’ and Confirm button to proceed with the installation.
- Wait for this package to be installed.
- REBOOT your iPhone Device.