The Dev Team has released a news version of carrier unlock. Ultrasn0w is capable of unlocking iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.2.1. UNFORTUNATELY, you have to update your device to baseband 06.15.00 BEFORE you unlock your device.
Follow the below how to guide to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.2.1 using PwnageTool 4.1.3 for Mac OS X.
You can not downgrade the baseband once updated to version 6.15, and there is no way to hide the version of the baseband to Apple. This will void the warranty of the device.
If Apple were to release in future updates to the baseband 05.xx with critical fix, you can not upgrade because the version of the baseband installed in this way (6:15) would be issued later than that and no possibility of downgrade.
As of firmware 4.2.1, baseband with iPhone users upgraded to version 06.15 will not be able to restore your device with an original Apple firmware. It will be necessary, in fact, always restore a custom firmware otherwise the process will fail and iTunes returns an error.
- Download PwnageTool 4.1.3 unlock version from the link HERE.
- Download iOS 4.2.1 for your device.
- Download iOS 3.2.2 needed to update to baseband 06.15.00.
- Run PwnageTool 4.1.3 and select your device iPhone 3GS / 3G.
- Point it to the original iOS 4.2.1 firmware that you have just downloaded.
- It will ask you to update your baseband to 06.15 version. The step is necessary to perform unlock if you are on 5.14 or 05.15 or higher.
- Click ‘YES‘ to proceed.
- Now BROWSE to get IPSW.
- Point it to iOS 3.2.2 that you have just downloaded in the first step.
- You will be prompted to choose some options Cydia packages, Custom logos and Custom packages.
- Now click on the BUILD button in blue color.
- Now it will as you to SAVE custom .ipsw file.
- Click SAVE button and wait for 10 to 15 minutes for this process.
- It will now prompt if your iPhone device has used PwnageTool previously. Simply it is asking whether you device has been Pwned before or not.
- Click ‘NO‘ for a more detailed restore.
- Put your device in DFU Mode by following the instructions.
- Restore you iPhone device to the custom jailbroken firmware.
- For that you need to Click on the iPhone icon on the left side of the iTunes.
- Now hold left “ALT” (“SHIFT” if using Windows OS) on the keyboard and then click on “RESTORE” then release the ALT.
- Select the new custom firmware created by PwnageTool 4.1.3 and close iTunes by choosing do as directed options on it.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated your device to baseband 06.15.00.
Now you can UNLOCK your device by following the steps below:
Unlock iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.1 and iOS 4.2.1 using Ultrasn0w 1.2:
- Your iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS device must be jailbroken on iOS 4.2.1 or 4.1 using PwnageTool 4.1.3 by using the update to baseband 06.15 guide posted above.
- Run ‘Cydia’ on your jailbroken iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G what ever you are using.
- Choose ‘MANAGE‘ tab.
- Now click on ‘Sources’ button as in the image below.
- Now click ‘EDIT‘ and then click on ‘ADD‘.
- It will prompt you to enter to enter the source URL.
- Write ‘http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com‘ and click ‘ADD SOURCE’ button.
- After the previous step is completed select ‘RETURN TO CYDIA‘ button and Press ‘DONE‘ button at the top tight side.
- Select ‘repo666.ultrasn0w.com‘ from source list.
- Select Ultrasn0w from the packages.
- Now Select ‘Install‘ and Confirm button to proceed with the installation.
- Wait for this package to be installed.
- REBOOT your iPhone Device.