Previously we have reported that Sn0wbreeze 2.1 for Windows has been released. The tool can jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4G, iPhone 3GS , 3G, iPod Touch 4G, 3G and iOS 3.2.2 on iPad. The new version of the jailbreak tool is based on Limera1n’s exploit but the good thing is that with this new version you can save your device’s baseband by creating custom firmware for later use with iTunes. After that you can upgrade your device using it to keep your carrier unlock.
For the people who are still now aware of this tool, Sn0wbreeze Jailbreak allows you to create custom .ipsw files on windows just like Pwnage Tool which creates custom .ipsw files on Mac.
Let us see how we can Jailbreak using Sn0wbreeze 2.1
Supported Devices to Jailbreak using Sn0wbreeze 2.1:
- iPhone 4, 3G, 3GS
- iPod Touch 4, 2G ,3G,
- Apple iPad
- Apple TV 2
Note : You need to have Windows 7, Vista or XP running on your pc. Also make sure that your iOS device is running older version firmware not iOS 4.1. The tool is useful for the ones who need to upgrade to Apple iOS version 4.1. Sn0wbreeze 2.1 works on a pre-jailbroken custom firmware.
Make sure you have the required downloads:
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.1 for Windows
- Download .NET Framework 3.5 (required to run Sn0wbreeze)
- Download Apple iTunes 10.1 from Apple website
- Download iOS 4.1 for iPhone and iPod touch
- Download iOS 3.2.2 for iPad
So Let us begin…
- Download the above mentioned packages if you have not have them already.
- Start iTunes and synchronize your iDevice with your PC allowing it to backup all your data and settings etc.
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.1 to your desktop.
- Launch the application and press OK on the first screen.
- Now the screen will show the credits. Press “Close Credits” to close it.
- Then select Expert Mode and click on the blue arrow at the bottom right to continue.
- Now comes the main screen of Sn0wbreeze 2.1.
- Click on the blue arrow at the bottom right to proceed.
- Click on the Browse button and point it to the original firmware 4.1 of your iDevice saved on your PC.
- Sn0wbreeze 2.1 will then verify it automatically.
- Once your device is recognized, you will see the model of your device.
- Now click on the blue arrow at the bottom right to proceed.
- Next you will see a page with different functions.
- Check the General option and again click on the blue arrow at the bottom right to proceed.
- Check the “Activate The iPhone” [Hactivate] option
- Check or uncheck the rest of the items depending on whether you want to enable the backgrounds, multi-tasking and the battery as a percentage of devices and native multitasking.
- Now again click on the blue arrow at the bottom right to proceed.
It will show you the following screen. Ultrasn0w can not be automatically installed for now, this is because of some problems between MuscleNerd (author of the program) and iH8sn0w. Again click the blue arrow.
- You can add packages and repositories in Cydia (Not recommended, just press next because you can also add these packages later)
- You will be returned automatically to the Home of Sn0wbreeze 2.1.
- Click on Build IPSW and then click Next to procees.
It will automatically start creating the custom firmware for you at this point.
You are done with the firmware creation process.
- After finishing you have to put your device into DFU Mode. Sn0wbreeze will be helping you with that.
- iTunes will detect your device in recover mode.
- To install the custom firmware you have just created, simultaneously press the SHIFT key on the keyboard and RESTORE button in your iTunes software.
- Select the custom firmware you have created earlier and wait for the recovery process to be completed.
Congratulation!!! You have successfully jailbroken you device.
Note: Often people do mistakes while trying to Jailbreak devices so follow the guide at your own risk.