iOS 4.2 Golden Master version is already there for developers. We expect iOS 4.2 release for public will be out any time at the time of writing this post. People behind TinyUmbrella has updated it to its version 4.1.13. It is capable of working on Linux, Windows and Mac OSX. TinyUmbrella 4.1.13 update is released for iOS 4.2 Golden Master Beta 3. We can expect that it will work with iOS 4.2 release for public as well.
TinyUmbrella allows you to save SHSH blobs (required for restoring to older version) for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. So save your SHSH blobs for iOS 4.1 so you may downgrade it to iOS 4.1 and jailbreak your Apple device.
@Notcom said: “I’ve updated TinyUmbrella to work with 4.2b3 for all relevant devices. Clicking Save SHSH will grab 4.2b3 now for your device. Also added a few bug fixes etc.”
This TinyUmbrella 4.1.13 update for 4.2b3 is capable of working with iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, 2G, iPad, Apple TV 2G.
- TinyUmbrella can save SHSH blobs regardless of jailbreak.
- You can save SHSH blobs for any latest firmware even if you’re on an older.
- It does not matter what firmware version is on the device TinyUmbrella will get the currently signed firmware + all blobs saved at Cydia Server (if any) by default.
- iPhone 2G and iPod Touch 1G users do NOT need to save SHSH blobs.
- iPhone 3G, and iPod Touch 2G (MC) users need SHSH blobs for iOS 4.x/newer only. SHSH does NOT apply to iOS 3.x for these devices
We are not publishing a step by step guide of how to do the whole process of saving SHSh blobs using TinyUmbrella as there is no rocket science in it. You just have to download it, connect it with your compatible device, make sure iTunes is closed and click SHSH button on it.