iPhone Dev Team has published latest details about the new iOS 4.2 untethered Jailbreak. The Dev Team talked about baseband 05.14.02 and 02.10.04 unlock. The upcoming Apple iOS 4.2 update is expected to release on Friday. The iPhone Dev Team promises to bring many new things for their followers.
Here is a summary of what iPhone Dev Team is up to:
- All Apple devices on all iOS firmwares will be jailbroken.
- Comex is working on the untethered iOS 4.2 Jailbreak. He has completed his hacks to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 and iOS 4.2 beta 3. It is expected that he will extend it to bring untethered 4.2 Jailbreak.
- A new unlock for iPhone 3G and 3GS will be available very soon. Do not update to iOS 4.2 as it arrives if you own a 3G or 3GS devices and wants to unlock it. Wait for the green signal from the Dev Team.
- There has been no unlock for iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2. Do not update to iOS 4.2 on your iPhone 4 device if you are looking for unlock until Dev Team introduces their new features.
Save SHSH blobs just to be on the safe side.
By all accounts, weíre within a few days of Appleís official public release of Firmware 4.2. Hereís what you need to know:
- Thanks to geohotís limera1n exploit, and our original pwnage2 exploit, and pod2gís ipod2g-MC exploit, absolutely all devices at all iOS devices at all
- The untethered jailbreak of the very latest FWs and devices depends on @comex hacks. His hacks so far extend only to 4.1 and 4.2beta3. Heís working on a way to extend it to 4.2 and beyond. Just wait for him to work out his method.
- iPhone 3G and 3GS unlockers will be covered by our upcoming unlock. Stay away from any updates to Apple FW until our official release and youíll be okay. Just stay away from all Apple IPSWs :)
- iPhone4 unlockers are not left out in the cold. @sherif_hashim has found some very promising avenues to pursue. Those will be explored as soon as possible after all the 4.2 madness.
What does this mean to you?
- If youíre an unlocker, just stay where you are. Please, just stay where you are. Any mistakes you make now may be permanent.
- If you only care about the jailbreak, feel free to experiment but keep in mind that any mistake you make may result in you losing pictures or notes or bookmarks that youíd rather keep. Honestly unless you love living on the bleeding edge, itís better to just wait for official updates from Cydia/redsn0w/PwnageTool.
- Donít buy or donate to any unlock or jailbreak scammers. Every legitimate solution you will find for unlocks or jailbreaks will be offered without an extended hand. Thatís how this community works. Itís about freedom, not donations.
You might like to see how to Jailbreak iPhone using different tools:
- Jailbreak Apple iPhone 3GS On iOS 4.2 GM With PwnageTool
- Jailbreak iOS 4.1 On iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 3G, 4G Using GreenPois0n
- Jailbreak iOS 4.2 GM Using Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 On iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch & iPad