Workers assembling Apple notebooks and iPhone devices claimed that they became seriously effected due to a chemical used in the production of Apple devices. The chemical was strong enough to make them unable to walk. The hospital in Suzhou in Southern china has been diagnosing workers who inhaled vapors from the chemical n-hexane.
Workers claimed that they got effected using n-hexane to glue and polish the logos on Apple devices. One of the workers saved some logos to prove the point in front of ABC News correspondent.
“At first the symptoms were pretty obvious. My hands were numb. I could hardly walk or run,” one woman told the correspondent. “I think they knew it was poisonous to human bodies but if they had used another chemical our output would not have increased,” another woman said. “By using n-hexane, it was much more efficient”. The women have now been in hospital for more than half a year. “I am back at work but my symptoms are still with me,” one worker said. “My legs still hurt. This will accompany me for the rest of my life. It’s very painful.”
Source: via ABC News Australia